Health Care Assistant
|Sector||Health | Medical | Scientific Jobs, Part-time Jobs|
|Locations||UK, West Midlands, West Midlands, Worcestershire|
|Date Posted||10th Aug|
|Main function of the job:
The responsibilities within the job role are:
• Work as a team within the Domiciliary care sector
• Assisting with Personal Care, including skin care, personal hygiene, oral care, toileting (including management of bladder & bowels), dressing, and hair care.
• Enabling mobility, including Moving & Handling transfers, pushing wheelchair
• Dietetics, including assistance with menu planning, preparing, serving and storing of foods
• Assist with medication
• Day to day household tasks e.g. changing beds, laundry, ironing, shopping.
• Respect for client confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Reporting & Recording as per company procedure.
• Commitment for identifying and fulfilling on going personal development
• Adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
• Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for the Care practice.
• Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of Care implementation and delivery
• Implement action to meet and maintain Care standards.
• Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for Service User therapeutic Care.
• Ensure Service User rights are protected.
• Encourage a model of self-care and Service User rehabilitation.
• Record relevant activities in Care Plans.
• Evaluate standards of Care competence.
• Participate in evaluation of The Agency against agreed organisational goals, business, and quality objectives.
• Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
• Develop effective working relationships with the other employees within The Agency.
• Support an open, positive and inclusive working culture.
Ideal candidate should be hard working, enthusiastic, well mannered, career driven, reliable and professional
They must have:
• A calm professional demeanour and a genuine interest in caring for vulnerable adults
• A desire to improve the lives of vulnerable adults within their community and help them regain independence
• To be able to communicate effectively, spoken and written
• To be flexible in their approach to working shifts
• Where applicable - a valid driver’s license and access to your own vehicle
• To provide Care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
What to expect from us:
• Free accredited Mandatory Training
• Free company uniform and ID Badge
• Competitive pay starting from £8.00 to £9.00 per hour [dependent upon experience]
• Fuel allowance for driver carers to help cover costs associated with driving during their working day
• Two weeks schedule in advance to promote a healthy work/home life balance
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...