Are you currently working in 1st line IT support and looking for progression?
Then this is the role for you!
I am working with a client based in Cheltenham who are looking to recruit an ambitious 1st line support technician who is looking to progress into 2nd line support.
This role will see you resolving 1st line incidents and working with the service desk technicians to resolve 2nd line incidents. Through this system of support and mentoring the successful applicant will quickly see themselves develop professionally making this the perfect opportunity to transition between 1st line and 2nd line.
Benefits include free lunch, pension, parking and study support.
* Work with the Service Desk team
o Log incidents by phone in a timely fashion
o Ensure that tickets are correct (category, priority, allocation, etc.)
o Ensure the ticket is correctly categorised and prioritized
o Develop and maintain self-service documentation
o Responsible for keeping the user informed on the progress of their support ticket
o Escalate tickets where required to the IT management team
o Work with the team to reduce repeatable incidents
* Work with the department to provide services to all users:
o Delivery of new equipment (PC, printers, mobile devices)
o Deploy infrastructure (cabling, communications, etc.)
o Maintain users (account configuration, starters & leavers, support new users, mailboxes, etc)
o Travel to regional offices when required (transport will be provided)
* Support and troubleshoot services and components:
o Provide 2nd line support on allocated tickets
o Update process and maintain documentation
* Communicate and escalate known/reoccurring issues with the IT Management team
* Assist with the development of the service management system
* Assisting the teams in preparing for site visits
* Provide training to end users and other members of IT staff as required
* Actively involved in developing documentation and solutions for issues raised
* Adhere to the IT Security Strategy at all times
The ideal candidate would be currently working in a 1st line support role and may have gained some exposure to 2nd line support.
Your technical knowledge will ideally cover Microsoft Windows 8 or newer, Microsoft Office 2013 or newer and Microsoft Active Directory user admin.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online ASAP or email an updated CV
Successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.