2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: Competitive based on experience
The SCISYS Group is a leading developer of software services. We develop robust, real-world solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit. The company operates in a broad spectrum of market sectors including, defence, security, maritime, government, commercial, space, transport and media & broadcast.
We have a requirement for an experienced Support Engineer to join the internal IT support team (Corporate IT) in our Chippenham, Wiltshire offices. CIT manage all company IT infrastructure and provide support services to the business.
This position will need good technical knowledge and willingness to learn to new skills.
The main responsibilities will be to:
* Provide 2nd line support services to the internal customer community via a Service Desk arrangement, following the ITIL guidelines
* Work with the 1st/2nd/3rd line CIT team to improve overall departmental productivity and effectiveness
* Develop and mentor Junior members of the IT team to ensure they reach their full potential
* Manage the procurement of hardware and new technologies
This list is not exhaustive and the Support Engineer is likely to carry out other such duties which are commensurate with the candidate's abilities and experience.
* Problem Solving
o Office 2010, 365
o Active Directory, GPO's & DNS
o Basic networking, including vlans and firewall rules
o Windows OS, 7, 10, 2008 and 2012
* Linux Administration, Apache, LDAP, shell scripts
* Understanding of Cyber Security
* Positive approach to customer service.
* Organised and methodical approach to problem solving
* Ability to manage time effectively across multiple tasks according to agreed priorities.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to produce technical documentation to a high level.
* Flexibility and ability to work co-operatively with other team members
* Exchange 2010, 2016
* Virtualisation: VMware
* Basic Networking
* SAN technology
* Windows and Linux
Any other information e.g. dual location, special security clearance, foreign languages:
* Must be eligible to work in the UK and Germany
* Must be able to obtain security a clearance (SC) and other equivalent clearance
* Although the position is based in Chippenham, there will be occasions when working in other SCISYS locations is required
* Out of Hours Support maybe required in future
SCISYS offers a comprehensive range of benefits, including pension, private healthcare, life assurance, on site gym and caf??.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.