Construction Engineer / Projects Engineer
The Key Responsibilities are associated with the implementation of Construction and Facilities projects that demand Contractor Management skills, Project Management skills and experience of the necessary Health & Safety standards on these types of project.
- Close liaison with site customers and engineering professionals both internally and external to BAE systems.
- Interpretation of site customer requirements leading to the preparation of implementation plans, designs specifications and financial business cases .
- Co-ordinate and manage project teams, consultants and contractors to effectively resource the project design and implementation.
- Apply technical skills to work towards ensuring all relevant construction standards are achieved and costs are minimised where possible.
- Safety manage all site facilities and infrastructure installations in accordance with current company and statutory health and safety legislation in accordance with current company and statutory health and safety legislation, giving due consideration to internal functional requirements such as fire, security, risk management, maintenance etc.
- Manage a range of primary suppliers, including strategic partners, in accordance with supplier management procedures to maximise the output, achieve customer satisfaction and ensure best value for the business.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in accordance with company and departmental quality procedures.
- Provide budgetary and financial management justifications and control
- Apply, as required, the company Life Cycle Management process and support customers in the preparation of supporting information for their LCM phases. UK travel may be necessary with extended periods away from the home site, as the work requires.
Given the Construction and Project Management aspects of the role applicants should have proven Project Management, Construction, Facilities, Plant and Equipment and Estates related experience.
The experience should be demonstrated over a minimum of five years.
Good supplier management and communication skills are essential with sound and demonstrable awareness of Construction and/or Plant & Equipment Health & Safety management.
A background in Construction, Facilities or Estates is required.
The applicant should hold a HNC/HND qualification in a relevant engineering, facilities or construction related discipline.
The applicant should hold relevant Health & Safety qualifications recognised in the Construction industry. Awareness and experience of working within the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 is essential.
UK travel may be necessary with extended periods away from the home site, as the work requires.