|Locations||South Yorkshire, UK, Yorkshire and The Humber|
|Date Posted||13th Feb|
|Job Title: Credit Controller
Accountable to: Credit Control Manager
Responsible for: Ensuring the timely collection of the Company's Sales Ledger debts
William Lamb Group is one of the UK's biggest suppliers of footwear and bags in the UK. It is a family owned business, established in 1887. We are now recruiting an experienced credit controller.
To ensure the timely collection of the Company's trade debtors, maintaining control through the appropriate monitoring of & reporting on the Company's Sales Ledger including ensuring sufficient levels of credit insurance to minimise potential customer debt exposure and in accordance with Company procedures and legal processes
• Ensuring the timely & effective collection of all trade debts (via telephone/e-mail etc)
• Assessing the viability & credit worthiness of customers and liaison with Distribution team regarding pending customer deliveries to such customers
• Reconciling customer accounts to verify agreed accounting records with customer
• Dealing with customer accounts queries timely re their respective sales ledgers
• Issuing Customer Statements (monthly & ad hoc as required)
• Debtors reporting & Debtors meetings (CCM, FD, sales team)
• Ensure credit control procedures are followed & review for future improvements with CCM
• Liaison with Credit Insurers
• Applying for & monitoring of Customer credit limits
• Liaison with WLG colleagues regarding customer limit statuses & future requirements with respect to current order book/debtor exposure
• Monitoring & periodic reporting to credit insurer of defaulting customers
• Exposure reporting & review
• Monitoring of customer cash flow forecasts where necessary
• Reviewing & assessing any proposed customer payment plans
• Printing of multi-currency bank account statements (Daily)
• Preparation of daily banking's for all accounts (Cash & cheques)
• Daily posting & allocation of cash received to sales ledger (Access) & posting of related debit notes, charges, adjustments etc
• Recording & reconciliation of cash posting control spreadsheet and liaison of same with Accounts team.
• Review & processing of new account forms
• Setting up & maintenance of customer accounts information (ABMS/Access)
• Monitor customer discounts, rebates and any potential bad debts
• Bad Debt write offs & provisions
• Maintaining the filing of Sales Ledger records
Key Performance Measures
• Tasks are completed effectively, on time, to standard
• All data is recorded accurately and systematically on company systems
• Communication between internal departments running smoothly
• Average Debtor Days maintained or improved
• Efficient set up of new customer accounts
• Minimum of 4 GCSE Grade A*-C, including Maths and English
• A qualification in bookkeeping or accounts would be helpful
• Attended courses or have qualifications associated with Chartered Institute of Credit Management
Skills and experience
• A good working knowledge of a Sales Ledger accounts software package, preferably Access
• Ability to work competently with Excel and Word, especially Excel as updating spreadsheets accurately is a significant part of this role
• Knowledge of debtor insurance is critical
• Must have full experience of running a sales ledger over 400 customers, including trade & high street retail customers
• Experience of office administration and good customer service skills
• Computer literacy, numeracy & good organisational skills are essential
• Well organised, methodical, accurate & have attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Persistence & determination.
• Excellent level of communication skills (written & verbal), for both internal and external parties
• A positive attitude with a calm & professional approach
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...