Position: Data Engineer
Ref: (phone number removed)
Our client is a fast-growing and world-renowned international spirits company. They are a family-owned and managed business and look after everything in-house – from website development, design and marketing to technology, customer service and global distribution.
Main Purpose of the Data Engineer role
* Responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications
* Design and implement analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources, assisting with the identification of those sources as necessary
* Manage data to ensure it is clean/structured/normalised, and can be interrogated, writing whatever queries are necessary to interrogate it
* Provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems/external data sets.
* Be able to educate and train members of the business to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration
Experience and Skills
* Bachelor''s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or specialised training/certification. Or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of Data Analysis / Engineering or related technical experience
* Data analysis and manipulation: experience analysing large volumes of data and a solid understanding of database principles and efficiencies desirable
* Advanced knowledge of SQL and NoSQL technologies
* Deep experience in data warehouse, data integration and data modelling. Strong data sensitivity and rich experience dealing with large-scale data in terms of storage, integration, tuning and analysis
* Rich experience dealing with data for analysis or integration through programming languages such as Python, C#, Scala, Perl etc.
* Display a positive attitude, a great work ethic and willingness to see projects through to completion
* Ability to meet tight deadlines, completing tasks on time
* Logical with a strong analytical mind-set
* Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role More..