Data Networks Provisioning Engineer
|Sector||IT | Telecoms Jobs|
|Salary||£20000 - £25000 per annum|
|Locations||UK, West Midlands, West Midlands|
|Date Posted||10th Aug|
|We are currently recruiting for an experienced Data Networks Provisioning Engineer to join a growing telecommunications company. You MUST have experience working for an internet service provider to be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in Data Networks support with the initiative to work on their own and as part of a team. They must also be comfortable and confident interacting with customers, other engineers and service suppliers over the phone in a professional manner.
The position will be based from our Head Office in the West Midlands covering various duties such as Provisioning of ADSL, FTTC and Ethernet services, mainly into SME and large enterprises. As part of building a Converged Department the role with also undertake 1st and 2nd Line Data Networking Support tasks through internal and where applicable external training courses and Support.
- Managing multiple installations and projects at any one time, with project durations ranging from 1 week to 9 months, from initial order through to completion.
- Provisioning and supporting ADSL/FTTC/EFM/Fibre Ethernet circuits, liaising with 3rd Party carriers both for project and support purposes and utilizing escalation processes as and when required.
- Providing technical support to the sales team assisting with solution designs and proposals.
- Liaising with suppliers and channel partners.
- Procurement of hardware from suppliers & distributors, including submitting deal registration bids to key partners.
- Maintaining records using the Company's systems and processes to ensure accuracy and relevance to the support environment.
- Attendance to regular project meetings and making a valuable contribution to the development of the Company's strategy in this area.
- To maintain centralized records, systems and tools to ensure they are kept up to date and relevant to the support environment.
- Working with Voice Technicians to help deliver, install and support the maintenance of Converged Telephony solutions at customer locations, as necessary, under the direction of the Project Management and Technical Support teams.
- To ensure that all relevant configurations have been completed and meets the customer requirements or specifications and that the functionality and equipment has been fully tested and explained.
- To ensure that any risks to effective completion, unplanned cost or arising issues are bought to the attention of the Project Manager and/or line manager at the first opportunity.
- To deliver all work in accordance with the project plan, ensuring that goods are secured, stored safely and signed for by an appropriate customer representative; all paperwork should be retained and passed on to the Project Manager and/or technical support office.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities when required:
Handling support calls and emails from customers ensuring SLA's are met or bettered by accurately logging incidents, problems, moves and additions onto the central case management system.
Knowledge - Essential
- Provisioning Internet & WAN Access circuits, specifically ADSL & FTTC, Ethernet circuits.
- Troubleshooting network LAN/WAN problems through to resolution.
- Experience with Cisco, HP and DrayTek routers/switches.
- Experience with networking infrastructure (switching, routing, VLANs, Firewalls, Wireless)
- Experience with Firewalls & VPN Technologies.
- Managing suppliers for circuit provisioning, faults and escalating when applicable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an ISP provisioning and support related role.
- Knowledge in IP Simplex and/or Complex or be able to demonstrate equivalent level of understanding.
Desirable (ideally but not a prerequisite):
- Microsoft Desktop/Server experience
- Microsoft Office including Visio
- Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Apple IOS experience
- An understanding of general voice communications techniques ideally achieved in an implementation role including VoIP and SIP.
- Any exposure of Experience to PSTN and ISDN Services and Fault Incident Management.
- Must be Dynamic and flexible and have a can do attitude.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to take on any challenge even if this is outside your comfort zone.
- Extremely polite, helpful and customer focused.
- Resourceful and hard working.
- Capable of working within a close-knit team.
- Good communicator with the ability to remain self-motivated and focused on organizational goals.
Salary & Working Hours:-
- Office based role Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30 with an hour lunch
- 28 days a year holiday including Bank Holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Salary up to 24k
Please do not apply unless you have the essential knowledge outlined above experience working for an internet service provider as you will not be considered
Please click to apply
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...