Digital Technical Architect
A Digital Technical Architect is required to work on a 3 month contract for our Public Sector Client based in Southend.
The Technical Architect will be required to contribute to successful project delivery by providing architectural expertise including:
- logical design of the target, as well as intermediate, architecture
- working with DevOps and DBA's to agree the physical design and support implementation
- working with the project team to define technical acceptance criteria
- working with the project team to ensure the proposed technical solutions are in line with senior stakeholder requirements as well as our strategic technology programmes
- supporting the design of a consistent and scalable cut-over strategy needed to ensure successful delivery to customers without risking production operations
- work with senior members of the Solutions Design guild to act as the technical authority for the project
- Providing continuing oversight and support to project architects
- Report to the Head of Architecture & Consultancy
- Coordinate project solutions to promote a consistency of approach
- Assuring project architectural documents
- Providing mentoring to project architects
- Maintain required architectural and management skills
- Mentoring of internal staff to provide skills transfer.
- Prepare Analysis and Design products to client's standards.
- Support and provide guidance to project technical and data analysts.
- Support the planning and preparation for the Discovery/Define Phase
- Participate in reviews of other development deliverables, providing support and expertise as required.
- Provide progress reports to management.
- Previous experience in a technical capacity in a mixed development environment including J2EE. This would be either as a Technical Architect, Solution Architect, System Designer, Designer/Programmer, and Development Lead.
- Previous experience in providing technical leadership; scrum master experience would be highly beneficial
- Experience of designing and implementing solutions involving Weblogic and Oracle databases
- J2EE experience must include experience of Servlets, JSPs and Session Beans delivering transactional web-based applications.
- Delivery focused with experience in a similar role across the full lifecycle of a project, from design through to successful post-delivery. Preferably in an agile delivery environment.
- Training in one or more OO methodologies at an analysis and design level.
- Relevant experience using a UML modelling tool.
- Design experience of asynchronous message based systems.
- Able to quickly understand technical details to support other technical specialists; able to translate logical design into actual physical architecture requirements
- Team player; good communication and influencing skills. Previous experience working with DevOps (or their equivalent), DBA's, and developers
- A strong understanding of database solutions, especially around Oracle 12, would be highly beneficial
- Experience of integrating web-based applications with legacy applications and technologies. Some knowledge of Fujitsu VME mainframe computing would be advantageous.
- Cloud services experience (e.g. Oracle Cloud, AWS cloud etc.)
- Experience of working within and exploiting a strategic, enterprise architecture.
- Development on virtual machines running Linux.
- XML, XML schemas and XSLT welcome.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools welcome, preferably PVCS and Dimensions.
- Continuous Integration
- Design patterns
- Scrum Master experience would be beneficial
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk