We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer (Rolling Stock) to provide technical leadership and support the technical delivery of electrical engineering and maintenance projects.
The Electrical Engineer (Rolling Stock) will manage the demand for technical engineering input to the Essential Maintenance Overhaul Programme.
* Ensure current standards and good practice is applied within own discipline.
* Undertake investigations/inspections when required and provide professional reports giving
conclusions, root causes, recommendations for action.
* Work closely with Engineers to ensure proper coordination to achieve overall system integrity.
* Manage allocated resources to deliver the work programmes.
* Plan and control engineers and own work output to meet project and technical requirements.
* Ensure delivery of technical reports, maintenance improvements and modifications are to
* Provide technical direction and leadership in the delivery of engineering support and services.
* Ensure tasks/projects are delivered within time, cost and quality constraints.
* Advise and comment on technical proposals to ensure compliance with statutory
requirements, standards and contract documents.
* Provide input to Contracts and Contractors within area of expertise to ensure that the
development, delivery and execution of contracts meet London Underground's requirements.
* Carry out inquiries into failures, delays, safety irregularities and other incidents to determine
root causes and prevent or minimise future incidents.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
* Chartered Engineer status or equivalent.
* In depth knowledge of relevant engineering principles and standards and their application.
* Have experience with equipment or assets overhaul projects
* Knowledge of Rolling Stock Assets or equipment.
* Knowledge of inter-dependencies between relevant assets.
* Experience in railway or similar operationally complex and safety conscious environment.
* Production of work instructions, test document, bills of materials and technical specifications
* Experience of conducting condition assessments & trialling procedures.