Hardware Development Manager - IOT Projects - Rail - Interim/Temp to Permanent - 12 months +
My Engineering client are currently in urgent need of an Interim head of Hardware/temp to perm/Perm option. They are involved in a number of interesting IOT projects mainly servicing the Rail industry.
- Degree in Electronics or Similar
- Experience in an Agile environment
- PM Experience
- Strong stakeholder management
- Managed teams of 20 + people.
- Strong client facing skills/supplier liaison
- Product development experience - Hardware, Electronics
- Low Power Hardware - Sensors/IOT
- To plan, control and execute product development and product engineering activities, according to the defined processes and company policies.
- To take an active role in innovation & creativity in line with overall strategy.
- To consider IP protection in all activities.
- Work with Product/Project Managers to create the product specification, development budget and development schedule.
- Deliver product development projects to specification, budget, quality and schedule.
- Work with 3rd party development companies including contractual negotiations.
- Give engineering support to products through their life cycle.
- To support cost reduction activities and initiatives to increase efficiency.
- To be responsible for staff hiring, training and development, including performance reviews and Individual Development plans for all direct reports.
- Create relationships with Product and Technology and Manufacturing.
This role is ideally Temp to Permanent - they can consider purely Interim and purely permanent
initial engagement - 6- 12 months +
Hours: 37.5 hours +
Package details; company car, pension 5% contr,
Bonus up to 20%
Critical illness cover,
Up to 41 days holiday.
If you are interested then please send me your CV.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.