|Sector||Engineering / Manufacturing Jobs|
|Salary||£20,000 Per Annum|
|Town/City||Tyne And Wear|
|Locations||North East, Tyne And Wear, UK|
|Date Posted||13th Feb|
|Lathe Operator- would suit Machinist or Fitter / Turner
This is an opportunity to join a Bronze Foundry and Valve manufacturer in North Shields. The Lathe Operator is expected to be multi-skilled with a lathe turning and mechanical background to enable to contribute to production machining activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes set ups of components onto lathe with minimal guidance showing a proactive attitude to minimising down time and lost production capability.
- Machines to close tolerances and follows technical drawings and work sheets.
- Carries out checks utilising Calipers, Vernier's etc to ensure correct finishes.
- Maintains tools and machine for optimum machining operations.
- Takes a proactive approach to equipment issues with a preventive maintenance mentality. Reports machine faults
- Assists in identifying and maintaining an accurate inventory of parts.
- Contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, PM logs, etc.
- Supports the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company.
- Follows applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and guidelines while performing job duties.
- Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Skills:
- Time Served or HNC or equivalent.
- Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of lathes and tools such as hand tools, power tools, drill press, etc.
- Must be able to read, communicate and comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, equipment files, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to implement, enforce and maintain guidelines set by the Company or management.
- Self-starter motivation. Prioritisation skills in alignment with manufacture priorities. Continuous Improvement mind-set and results oriented.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in industrial turning or mechanical fitting.
- Technical education a plus
- Full time
- Day shift,
- Wage negotiable per / hour dependent on experience.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free parking
- Career development/progression
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...