Nurse Practitioner for Minor Injuries Unit
|Sector||Health | Medical | Scientific Jobs|
|Salary||£27,000£35,000 per annum|
|Locations||Hampshire, South East, UK|
|Date Posted||11th Jan|
|Position –Nurse Practitioner- Walk In Centre – Southampton
Ref – 1299
Salary –£27,000- £35,000
Hours –Full Time
Nurse Practitioner- Walk In Centre Role Purpose:
Our client requires Nurse Practitioners/Advanced Nurse Practitioners to work with in their Minor Injuries Unit, to assist in the provision of a quality nurse led service to patients attending the Walk in Centre. The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies. Our clients Walk in Centre is a clinical facility which requires an individual to have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast pace environment, in line with the protocols and policies of the company.
• Working in the role of Nurse Practitioner- Walk-In Centre, You will be required to:
• Prioritise patient care throughout the unit
• Assist in orientation and support to new staff to the unit.
• Ensure that identified lines of communication are maintained with patients, colleagues and external agencies..
• Play an integral role in ensuring that junior team members are aware of local and general Health & Safety matters, Clinical Governance and other on-going issues, which arise including patient safety issues.
• Provide and organise support through the means of clinical supervision in accordance with company policy.
• Demonstrate the ability to be able to motivate and persuade others through advanced communication skills.
• Must be able to deputise when requested for the Lead Nurse. Clinical governance
• To participate and assist in the systematic monitoring, review and evaluation of nursing practice through clinical audit.
• To participate and assist in the setting of standards of patient care based on sound research findings.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
• 1st level Registered Nurse with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Post registration qualification in autonomous practice or equivalent
Reference ID: 1299
If you have the right qualifications and skills then please call Susan Wright on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...