My Client is a leading manufacturer of construction materials & we are looking to make introductions to the Production Team.
The Candidate who will be successful in this role will hold all (or most) of the following:
- A proven track record within a busy engineering department;
- Strong project management skills, milestones, schedules and budgets;
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 engineering environment;
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliver to tight deadlines;
- Qualified to HNC/HND in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of working in a Health & Safety focused environment;
- Exceptional customer service;
- Strong organisational & planning Skills;
- Good time management;
- Problem solver;
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills;
- Team Player;
- Positive, self-motivated and committed to achieving results;
As Production Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Technical Readiness for Production
- Effective management of all production engineering functions
- Driving focus in the establishment and documentation of Lean production processes
- project management,
- New Product Introduction (NPI), process design and implementation
- Technical support to the Maintenance Department
- Maintaining data accuracy across ERP and off-line systems and document control
- Ensure cost efficient manufacturing and consistent quality.
The role will also include the establishment of inter-departmental collaboration, internal and external co-ordination, planning and scheduling and project execution to deliver projects on time, to budget and within performance criteria. In addition providing support to the Assistant Manager, implementing best practice to achieve outstanding levels of customer support across our UK operations.
What does your new role look like day to day:
- Development of new, and improvement of existing, production processes
- Development, management and maintenance of tools, fixtures and other equipment required for production processes.
- Support Production, Quality, Health & Safety and Distribution on all matters relating to production and engineering processes, ensuring best practice relating to Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Provide technical manufacturing support throughout the project life-cycle from concept development through to manufacturing and delivery, into service by involvement with all supporting departments - design / engineering / purchasing / production / stores / logistics.
- Implementation and maintenance of efficient and effective production and engineering management systems, ensuring best practice and exceptional housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Lead in the identification of production problems and implement solutions. Eliminate waste
- Effective project management of technological changes, innovations and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Compilation of investment calculations and proposals for investment.
- Submission of formal requests for investment.
- Management of engineering change and New Product Introduction (NPI) procedures.
- Provision of technical and project support to internal and sub-contract maintenance personnel.
- Management of data accuracy, both new and existing, across ERP and off-line systems.
- In conjunction with the Quality Department, conduct audits within areas of responsibility to ensure procedures for safety, quality, equipment, and training are being followed and all aspects of production engineering and project management are effective including correcting sub-standard practices.
Sound like you?
Give me a call