Senior IT Operations Engineer
|Sector||IT | Telecoms Jobs|
|Salary||£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum|
|Locations||East Midlands, Northamptonshire, UK|
|Date Posted||15th Mar|
|This company is a government-approved Cyber Security and IT Managed Service Provider, supporting clients 24x7x365 from their ISO27001-accredited UK Network & Security Operations Centre (NOC/SOC).
This role will work in both project delivery and support capacity for multiple clients. This includes designing, configuring, deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting customer telephony, network, server, security and infrastructure issues. There will be a requirement to work as required from client sites to undertake activities that cannot be done remotely.
To take ownership of all projects assigned ensuring timely updates and delivery of committed tasks. Projects will include the deployment of technology solutions for clients across their product portfolio including SolarWinds based monitoring and Zscaler based web filtering solutions.
- Ensure that all changes follow company change management processes
- Provide documentation for the Service Desk to support all delivered projects
- To provide customer facing responsibility for all assigned incidents and projects.
- Maintain a good understanding of the functionality and structure of supported systems and clients.
- Provide pre-sales engineering to design and implement solutions for their customers in line with Best Practice
- To manage the infrastructure of their internal systems
- To plan and carry out effective proactive maintenance of major systems (both internal and client)
- As required identify and resolve incidents within agreed SLAs, and provide 3rd line technical support
- To undertake activities on client site as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The jobholder will need to be able to work to deadlines think on their feet, take responsibility and work under their own initiative. An excellent inter personnel manner is essential, with a clear, positive, friendly but decisive approach
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Proven track record of achieving results deploying and troubleshooting technology solutions
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Previous experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) dealing with multiple clients and products
- Experience in telephony, network (including WiFi), server, security and infrastructure diagnostics and configuration
- Experience in Microsoft SQL
- An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or system architecture
- Experience of working with senior managers and customers
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls etc
- Experience of designing, implementing and supporting Systems Monitoring and SIEM tools (such as SolarWinds / LogRhythm) is highly desirable
- A full UK driving license is essential
- Relevant IT Infrastructure qualification (i.e. CCNA, MCSA) is Highly Desirable
- ITIL Foundation v3 Certification is Desirable
- SolarWinds Certified Professional SCP is Highly Desirable
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...