|Job Title: Technical Architect
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Who we are
PwC Augment is an exciting part of the business which provides skilled employees to many of the firm's leading clients, primarily in the banking and financial services sector for business as usual and one-off projects. We are currently growing a technology capability to support these clients and we are looking for skilled Technical Architects who will support the execution of technology and change projects for our clients.
As projects are typically carried out on client sites, our team members work from both local and international locations for the duration of client engagements.
The Data Architect will be responsible for defining the overall structure of a program or system, overseeing IT and developing a view of business capabilities (organization, process, tools, technologies) required to deliver against the business requirements.
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will likely include
- Develop strong relationships with clients' stakeholders as well as within IT teams to become an expert in the intersection between both.
- Responsible for providing planning, analysis, guidance and definition of a business architecture that effectively supports our client's strategies.
- Accountable for architecting and designing comprehensive technology supporting business solutions that meet client requirements on high-impact projects
- Applies broad knowledge of business capabilities and service offerings to develop a portfolio of solution alternatives that can be refined, enhanced or tailored to meet specific needs for their respective clients.
- Aligns the organizational goals and capability implications with the required organizational change, including staff, role, reporting and size impacts
- Ensures the target state business process supports the capability requirements
- Analyzes business change drivers to determine business, information, solution and information technology requirements
- Evaluates short-term needs required to support key business goals & establish priorities
- Consults with client stakeholders, information and technical subject matter experts to identify how a given business architecture can support their goals
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems
- Business acumen
- Business process modelling
- Knowledge of required technologies (including 3rd party solutions)
- Statistical modelling
- Understanding of future technologies
What is in it for you
- Big data analytics - HAVeN / HADOOP / Autonomy / Vertica / Cloudera / SAS / Mongo / Cassandra
- Data architecture & modelling
- Data warehouse technologies
- Master data management
- Data modelling tools - ERWIN
- Data visualization - tableau / Qlikview / SAP BO
- Integration technologies - Tibco / Informatica / CAS
- Service orientated architecture (SOA)
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
For further details and an application form please click the apply now button.
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related).
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package.
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.