|Sector||Administration | Secretarial Jobs|
|Locations||Oxfordshire, South East, UK|
|Date Posted||15th Mar|
£27,025, rising annually to £29,515
Oxford Brookes Careers is delighted to invite applications for a Volunteer Co-ordinator based in our Employability Team.
This role will play a key part in establishing an exciting new service. Working closely with the Employability Team Manager the overall purpose is to establish and manage an on-campus volunteer centre. Build and maintain relationships and effective partnerships with organisations offering voluntary or extra-curricular opportunities with local community groups, NGO's and charities.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Activity will include:
- developing and maintaining relationships with organisations offering voluntary experience, pro-actively sourcing a full range of opportunities across all sectors;
- promoting opportunities to students and graduates using effective and innovative methods of engagement;
- assessing student need, providing appropriate solutions to support personal development and employability skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic applicants motivated by challenge with proven:
- relationship and rapport building skills;
- experience of working in roles with a significant focus on developing and implementing best practice policies for the recruitment and management of volunteers;
- experience of monitoring and reporting on the participation of volunteers and meeting related targets.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
For an informal conversation regarding the role please feel free to contact Sophie Wynne, Employability Team Manager.
Interviews are planned to take place on Monday 15th April 2019.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the "Apply For Job" button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called "Supporting Documents", applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
To email the post of Volunteer Coordinator to a friend click the apply button.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
International applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...