Environmental Information Officer
|Sector||Recycling | Environmental | Waste Jobs|
|Salary||£10.34 - £12.87 per hour|
|Locations||Bristol, South West, UK|
|Job Type||Contract / Interim|
|Date Posted||6th Jan|
|This client is looking for an Environmental Information Officer they have released it on a temporary basis initially for 3 months based in Keynsham
As one of a team this role may be required to take responsibility for a technical process in support of service delivery, applying knowledge and skills to a range of activities demonstrating understanding of the service area, relevant administrative procedures and guidelines
As one of a Team, the Environmental Information Officer is expected to make a significant and positive contribution to the delivery of excellent Environmental Services and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Undertake a range of tasks to support the delivery of effective and consistent Environmental Services.
* Prioritise, evaluate and manage customer enquiries and provide accurate, meaningful and consistent information, guidance and advice to customers, ensuring that enquiries including the more complex comply fully with current legislation and Council policies.
* Maintain confidentiality and communicate a genuine desire to support and provide guidance in order to resolve enquiries and issues.
* Continuously update required databases and maintain various systems to ensure that they contain and reflect relevant, accurate and up to date information. Respond to land charges, freedom of information and environmental information requests as required in accordance with legal and corporate requirements.
* Day to day supervisory responsibility for environmental services advisors, ensuring that, when appropriate, they move around teams to meet workload demands and targets.
* Respond to change in a positive manner to ensure continuous improvement to service delivery including 'new ways of working'. Identify any improvements to service delivery, and engage in possible solutions in order to implement them.
* Pro-actively research customer enquiries, use initiative and resource tools available ensuring that you comply with the legislation and Council Policies.
* Pro-actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues and service partners, taking an active role in inducting and supporting new team members.
* Demonstrate an adaptable attitude and respond constructively to new ways of working, in order to support the team and develop and improve customer service delivery.
* Through Team Meetings, Circulars, Intranet, Coaching, training and one to ones etc continuously develop detailed knowledge of current policies in order to interpret and apply legislation correctly and consistently.
* Deal with other colleagues, visitors, elected members and callers etc in a courteous manner giving information and advice and signposting to appropriate points of contact.
* Receive and process service requests/complaints and obtain factual, technical and other information to enable the service requests to be effectively actioned.
* Represent Environmental Services on outside bodies and stakeholder groups and inform the group of any relevant issues.
* Design and issue questionnaires and surveys and process the data received using relevant software
* Utilise up-to-date mobile technologies (including the use and development of social media campaigns) to best effect to deliver an efficient and effective service.
You should match the following criteria:
* A proven track record in a customer focused service environment, managing and resolving customer enquiries.
* Able to proactively research information and provide this in a format which meets the customer's requirements and maintains confidentially.
* Knowledge of and experience of using statutory and corporate policies such as Freedom of Information and Data Protection.
* Experience of working effectively with private sector partners, customers and contractors.
* Experience of using a wide range of software packages to resolve customer enquiries.
* Be an advocate for change and demonstrate a flexible "can do" attitude to new ways of working.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...