|Sector||Engineering / Manufacturing Jobs|
|Salary||£40,000 Per Annum|
|Locations||Shropshire, UK, West Midlands|
|Date Posted||13th Feb|
|This company provides a range of Contract Hire, Asset Finance & Fleet Management services to customers all over the UK - dedicated to supporting businesses that operate commercial vehicles.
As the Fleet Engineer for the group you will have responsibility for the maintenance of our fleet which on the whole is contracted out. You will have a commercial approach in negotiating and overseeing contracts and monitoring performance of all service partners. You will also play a pivotal role in liaising with drivers regarding faults and rectification on a regular basis. You will be accountable for the performance of the fleet ensuring legal and safety compliance, minimal downtime and that maintenance costs are within budget.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 5.30pm (must be available for calls outside of working hours and during the Christmas shutdown period)
- To play an active role in the operational strategy and its implementation in support of the Directors
- To drive efficiencies across the region in term of operational service, cost and contract delivery
- Ensure the needs of the client and contract are met at all times (Implement, review, set and drive KPI's)
- Sets direction and formally communicate with the assigned depots
- Provide leadership including assistance with staff management, development, training, coaching and instruction
- Drive the region through the P&L ensuring all service opportunities are maximised
- Develop an operational IT strategy with the senior management team in line with the business needs
- Assist in the tendering process as appropriate by supporting large bids and business development opportunities from a fleet and logistics perspective as required
- Project manage, lead and undertake new contract implementations as directed and appropriate
- Assist with team resourcing and recruitment in line with business requirements, cost initiatives and P&Ls
- Ensure that stock is managed in line with the financial and operational requirements of the business, including audit and integrity
- Input to create annual healthcare budgets and forecasting
- Delivery of services to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Manage the annual Fleet Review cycle encompassing individual area requirements, disposal, new products and replacement
- Strive for continuous improvement in fleet management and availability to achieve "best in class" performance
- Undertake any other duties as directed in accordance with your position, skills and competencies
Other Key Considerations:
- Awareness of all vehicle legislation to maintain compliance
- Maintaining robust records in regard to servicing, maintenance and defect reporting
- Maintenance costs up to £400K
They are looking for:
- Ideally a graduate or of graduate calibre is desirable
- Results orientated with a proven track record in delivering change
- Being part of the team
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...