This is a really exciting opportunity to join one of the key players in the world of Fintech.
They ooze passion, innovation and are looking to change the game in 2019 as an extremely high growth start up. As the Global Head of Risk you will have first line responsibility for the identification and assessment of credit risk and opportunities. You will be expected to oversee and challenge the credit risk on the book and in product development, whilst providing guidance and recommendations to the Executive and Board.
You will be providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, AML and operational risk, whilst ensuring controls are operating effectively. You will be expected to build out a team within the Risk Analytics division whilst liaising with the Risk teams in other countries.
- Accountable for the implementation of global fraud decisioning systems upgrades/enhancements whilst ensuring client experience and fraud risk are not compromised.
- Provision of subject matter expertise to the business, IT and third party partners in fraud decisioning, to enable the implementations of global fraud decisioning systems
- Drive the adoption of fit for purpose global fraud detection systems
- Monitor and report on adherence to and consistency of strategic initiatives with Board-approved risk appetite framework, risk tolerances and risk profile
- Establish, implement and maintain a comprehensive and integrated enterprise risk management framework within the organisation to cover all internal and external risks
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying, monitoring, effectively managing, mitigating and reporting pertinent risks that could interfere with company's core purpose and ability to grow and develop its business lines
- Oversee the risk management framework measuring risk and providing quantitative analytical support to the lines of business in risk measurement, modelling and reporting
- Identify known and emerging risks, measuring, monitoring and reporting on UK's risk profile to the Board of Directors and Executive
- Manage the design and implementation of Risk activities in all relevant areas of operation
- Facilitate the maintenance of risk corporate policies within Credit
- Deliver insightful analysis of customer behaviour and profitability, making recommendations for how to add value to the customers and business.
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with business partners, key stakeholders and collateral's
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Degree educated, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Economics
- Proven experience in partnering with an executive team
- Proven experience within an innovative environment
- Excellent management experience
- Strong understanding of data management, analysis and transformation
- In-depth risk management, audit and internal control background gained within banking and/or Financial Services
- Excellent analytical skills - SQL/SAS/Python/R