About the Role CIQUHP
The Group Manager position is accountable for full commercial leadership across the Safety and Technology Group, with focus on technical quality, financial results, staff performance and customer / stakeholder relationship management. The role holds responsibility for defining and agreeing baseline performance targets with the Director of the Division, in line with the agreed multi-year Strategic Plan, profit targets and corporate governance.
The Safety and Technology group is responsible for researching current and emerging vehicle technologies and their impact on the evolving regulatory landscape, with a particular emphasis on automated driving assistance systems and how that landscape will change as fully automated vehicles are adapted.
The scope for the role includes the following functions within the Business:
- Develop and grow TRL's customer base in existing and future markets, ensuring the right mix of national and international clients with matched propositions tailored for each. Personally become a recognised face of TRL in the market, enhancing company reputation.
- Grow both the value and type of work delivered at improved levels of margin for the business. Ensure the group has a Flexible approach to providing tailored, specific services dependent on customer needs
- Work closely with the Divisional Director, other Group Managers and the sales team to define future strategy for the group on a regular basis
- Work with other groups and the Programme Manager to ensure Projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Align to and enable wider Division and Company success, sharing best practice and promoting a collaborative one-Company approach
- As part of the Division's leadership team, work amongst peers across TRL to collaborate, challenge and influence TRL's strategic direction, functional processes, operational outcomes and capability/IP development priorities
- Focus on sales growth of TRL's services offering, providing focussed services to a broad range of customers in market as well as geography
- Demonstrate dynamic leadership, broad technical understanding, good knowledge on provision of service, as well as great communication skills
- Ensure knowledge building, skills development and innovative IP/product creation
- Carry out full P&L management, including resource and facility utilisation, profit margins and trading forecasts
- Drive market engagement , relationship building and client service management
- Opportunity/bid management & deal closing
- Client billing, credit control, purchasing & cash management
- People leadership, including resourcing, succession planning and the management of staff performance.
- Ensure Corporate governance, risk management, HSE & business continuity.
- Collaborate with Directors of the Academy, Marketing and Sales/International Development functions, to create and execute a proactive, thought-leading 'growth and value-creation' agenda for the business.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in new emerging vehicle technologies, service and/or the associated regulatory standards (automotive, surface transport or e-mobility). An emphasis on CAV