Network Support Officer (3rd Line)
|Sector||IT | Telecoms Jobs|
|Salary||£18 - £22.21 per hour|
|Locations||Cheshire, North West, UK|
|Job Type||Contract / Interim|
|Date Posted||22nd Aug|
A Network Support Officer is required for our client in Warrington for an initial 4 month contract (with likelihood of extensions).
Our client is looking for a Network Support Officer who can offer dedicated customer focussed 3rd line support to internal and external clients covering a range of network infrastructure.
The Network Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting software and hardware issues to determine where repairs need to be made and then plan those repairs with the Network Team lead. The successful applicant will also be responsible for ensuring that all cable connections, from building to building, are intact and offering a complete flow of data.
The position requires experience of:
- Problem resolution across a wide range of ICT Network technologies
- Managing workloads in line with changing priorities
- Supporting a wide range of network switches in a business environment
- Installing network equipment into a live business
- Installing and supporting a VoIP telephony system
- Supporting a corporate and guest wireless deployment in a business
- Network monitoring and ensuring all alerts are acted upon appropriately, and where necessary escalated
- Stakeholder and conflict management
- Infrastructure Technologies [WAN/LAN Networks, Firewall, VoIP, Wireless, PC /Server, Storage and Backup]
- Customer focussed service delivery
- Building effective working relationships with internal and external customers/providers which generate confidence and collaborative working.
The following is desirable:
- Experience of supporting firewalls in a business environment
- Experience of supporting remote access technologies
- Experience in operating in a virtualised server environment
- Experience of working within PSN/PCI/ISO27000/1 compliant environments
- Experience in writing technical documentation including build guides, design documents and estimate documentation as required
- Implementation and support experience on one or more of the following vendor products, Extreme, Aruba, Cisco, Forcepoint Stonegate, Fortigate, Pulse Secure, Avaya
- CompTIA + Certificate or equivalent
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies Avaya an advantage
- Formal accreditation with any of the following vendors, Extreme, Aruba, Cisco, Forcepoint Stonegate, Fortigate, Pulse Secure, Avaya
- Knowledge of risk and issues management
- Enhanced DBS certificate will be beneficial
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...