Optical Assistant / Lab Technician
|Reference||40792- Spec Gors LT|
|Sector||Health | Medical | Scientific Jobs|
|Salary||Up to £6 per hour|
|Locations||Powys, UK, Wales|
|Date Posted||7th Dec|
|Apprentice Lab Technician / Optical Assistant - Specsavers - Gorseinon, Swansea
This is a training vacancy where you will be trained to provide the highest quality spectacle glazing service to the store and its customers. The training will focus on you meeting the highest standards in many areas whilst also assisting in the operation of the store in order to achieve sales targets and profitability.
Through the effective dispensing of lenses and the delivery of excellent customer service, you will become a valuable part of the Retail Team.
- Ensure customers' spectacles are made accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain a professional focus; learning about basic visual defects in the eye and spectacle lens types and lens coatings.
- Understand and analyse spectacle prescriptions accurately.
- Comply with Health and Safety guidelines effectively, with particular focus on Lab equipment, cleanliness and safe practices.
- Conduct house-keeping, ensuring the appearance of the laboratory is always clean, professional and organised.
- Inform customers and store team of any delays in manufacturing.
- Liaising with external suppliers via telephone, fax and email.
- Explore customer needs thoroughly and approach customers to offer assistance - Good knowledge of Specsavers products, especially single vision lens types and treatments.
- Analyse prescriptions accurately and dispense single vision lenses accordingly.
- Ensure collections are conducted in a professional manner ensuring fit, comfort and visual accuracy are checked.
- Book and change customer appointments on the in-store computer system.
- Operate till effectively and accurately.
- Meet and exceed all personal and team goals.
Desirable personal qualities
* Good level of basic skills.
* Good level of communication skills.
* Keen and reliable.
* Keen to gain a long-term career in this field of work.
* Good practical skills and eye for detail.
* Good manual dexterity skills.
**As this is a Level 2 Foundation Apprenticeship position any applicant who has achieved an equivalent qualification, degree level or higher would not be eligible to apply.
- 3 GCSE at C or equivalent
Hours of work
- 39 Hours per week, Mon - Sun with appropriate days off in-between.
- £6 per hour initially, reviewed after 3 months.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Please Wait. Loading...
Please Wait. Loading...